Tuesday 27 October 2009

Support Floods In For Durham As 'City Of Culture'

I'm delighted to see that Durham's bid to be the UK's City of Culture is attracting so much support. Over 10,000 people have backed the bid so far. If you haven't already done so, I would encourage you to visit www.durhamcityofculture.co.uk

I blogged when the bid was first announced that I'm a massive supporter of the bid. As I said in July, Durham is one of the most culturally exciting places in the country, with art, theatre, poetry, comedy and photography all flourishing in our area.

Only this year, our area has played host to some outstanding cultural events and festivals. And there are even more to come next year. Our area's cultural vibrancy and stunning backdrop mean that we are perfectly placed to become the city of culture. Let's keep up the momentum and make sure that our area gets the recognition it deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment