Wednesday 2 September 2009

Join The Call For A Televised Debate

I blogged a few weeks ago that there must be a televised debate between the party leaders before the next election. It is absurd that we don't have something that most other democracies take for granted.

With that in mind, I'm very pleased to see that Sky News are running a petition for a televised debate. I have signed it and I would encourage you to do the same.

http://skynewsleadersdebate.epetitions.net/

It is also time for debates between candidates at a constituency level. It is only right that people standing for Parliament are prepared to debate in front of the people they are hoping to represent. I will again challenge my Labour and Liberal opponents to a series of local debates in the run up to the General Election.

No comments:

Post a Comment