Thursday 18 February 2010

David Cameron's Love Of Darts

I have blogged a few times about my love of darts. Indeed I'm typing this while watching a cracking Premier League match between Phil 'The Power' Taylor and Ronnie 'The Rocket' Baxter. It is a sport with supreme skills, working class roots and one that provides gripping, enthralling entertainment.

I was delighted that David Cameron said in an interview with 'ShortList' magazine that he is a huge fan of the game and of Sid Waddell's brilliant commentaries. Apparently, he also has a board on his office wall. Indeed, during the interview he cam face to face with some legends of the game couple of years ago:

'I was switching on the Christmas lights in Witney and they always quite rightly think that a member of parliament isn't important enough to do this alone, so they often get other people to help. One year it was John Lowe, Eric Bristow and Keith Deller - I was a bit starstruck.'






No comments:

Post a Comment