Friday 14 August 2009

Conservatives Will Increase The NHS Budget In Real Terms. Why Do Labour Refuse To Do The Same?

I blogged yesterday afternoon about how proud I am of the NHS. I'm proud of the fact that when you or your family or friends fall ill, treatment is guaranteed and is free at the point of delivery. I'm immensely grateful for all the care that the NHS has given to me and my family over the years. I'm in awe at the skills, talent and dedication of the hard working people who work in the NHS.

David Cameron and Andrew Lansley have also spoken about how proud they are of the NHS. Conservatives view the NHS as a great British institution. We strongly believe in the principles of the NHS and are looking at ways to make the NHS even better. That is why a Conservative Government would ease pressure on people on the frontline by cutting back centrally imposed targets. It is why we would help patients by giving them more information about the care they receive within the NHS.

The Conservatives have also committed to a real terms increase in NHS funding. Despite being challenged time and time again on the matter, Gordon Brown and the Labour Party have refused to match this promise. They have refused to say that they share our commitment to NHS funding.

As I made clear yesterday, it is becuase of my deep commitment to the NHS that I am opposing Labour's plans to cut back on maternity and A & E services. It is because of my deep commitment to the NHS that I am opposing the replacement of local, family Doctors with impersonal polyclinics. It is because of my deep commitment to the NHS that I am calling for the Government to match the Conservative commitment to increase NHS funding in real terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment