Thursday 13 August 2009

I Love The NHS. That's Why I'm Opposing Labour's NHS Cuts

I think the NHS is a great British institution. I'm enormously proud of the NHS and I'm enormously proud of the fact that British people have health care that is free at the point of delivery.

As David Cameron has said, the Conservative Party is a strong
believer in the NHS - we will defend the NHS and ensure that the NHS budget is protected. David Cameron has made clear that the NHS is our number one priority. We are committed to real increases in NHS
spending.


It is because I love the NHS that I accept there is the need for some reform to give more power to patients and health professionals. I want to free the people who work in the NHS from the unnecessary bureaucracy of the target regime. I want to give patients more information and more choice about their treatment within the NHS.

It is because I love the NHS that I am opposing Gordon Brown and Labour's NHS cuts. Conservatives are opposing Gordon Brown's plans to cut A & E and Maternity services. I'm opposing Labour's plans to close over 1,700 family doctor surgeries so that they can impose polyclinics. Conservatives believe in the NHS and we are fighting these plans to cut back on NHS services for local people.

No comments:

Post a Comment